Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Monday 31 January 2011

Wild but stunning!


For day 2 of Jen, Swatee and Harry's winter skills course we headed up towards the Cas Headwall. The weather was stunning in that the cloud level was high and the sun was out but it was fairly windy! We got most of the way into the cas looking at some more cramponing skills and introducing avalanche assessment but unfortunately Swatee's ankle was sore after going over it yesterday. We decided from here to head back down through the ski area and back to the van for a spot of lunch at the Glenmore Cafe. After this we headed out to look at some navigation in the woods around Glenmore Lodge.

A shame about Swatee's ankle but a great weekend all the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment