Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Tuesday 11 January 2011

Skiing at Cairngorm

Looking towards Lochan
I was meant to be skiing with Andy today but he decided the weather did not look great and stayed on the west. So I went for a slide at Cairngorm on my own. The snow cover at present is excellent and the although the vis at the start of the day was poor it soon cleared up to leave great views, light winds and minus 5 at 900m. Most of the runs are in really good shape at present and the slopes were quiet. I would recommend a ski tomorrow before it looks like a big thaw is on the way.

The video footage below is of a run down the M2 from the top to almost the car park, before my hand got too cold! It was not as windy as it sounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment