Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Monday 31 January 2011

Another wild one!


I am working at Glenmore Lodge this week on a 5 day Introduction to Winter Skills. Today my group and I after a chat about kit and what we all wanted to get out of the week headed into Coire Laogh Mor to try and escape the stong south westerly winds that were blowing. This ploy I am glad to say worked very well. Spent the morning looking at boot work and axe work in the shelter of the corie before heading up and over the ridge (were it was windy) and down into the ciste gully. Here there was some excellent snow for introducing some ice axe arrests before heading back down to the bus.

It looks like it is going to be a blowy week with gusts of 90mph being predicted on the plateau for Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment