Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Mountain Leader Ropework


Another glorious day in Lochaber, I could get used to this!

Today we were looking at unplanned use of the rope. We headed to Buachaille Etive Mòr and the ground to the east of the Coire na Tulaich approach. We spent the day looking at anchor selection, ropework systems for getting clients up and down rock steps, abseiling and some confidence roping. This day often has lots of different challenges for different people depending on if they come from a climbing back ground or a walking back ground, however the team did really well.

Looks like the weather is going to continue to be great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment