Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Saturday 30 April 2011

ML Expedition




For our 1 night mini break Bill and I took our teams to the mountain north of Loch Leven that we had been looking at all week from the hotel. On day one we headed up Mam na Gualainn and then across to the col just south of Doire Ban (Spot Height 405m) for the camp. A night time ascent of Doire Ban had us looking at night navigation and and then the next morning we headed back to the road via Tom Meadhoin.

The aim of the trip was to look at camping skills, issues and ideas plus lots and lots of navigation! This area was great for that as there are plenty of slope angle changes, contour shapes, ring contours etc etc.

The weather was again kind to us and it was a great end to the week and ML Training run by Scotch on the Rocks Guiding, thanks Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment