Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Thursday 17 March 2011

Sron na Lairig



For the last day of Gareth and Andy's course we headed to Glen Etive to do Sron na Lairig which is a grade II ridge on the south side of Glen Coe. After a good walk in and some awesome trail breaking from Sam (thanks Sam) we geared up and headed off. The 3 of us soloed the first 50 meters before Andy and Gareth put the rope on and lead 4 pitches themselves. After these 4 pitches I jumped on the rope and lead the team to the top, although Dave (another Jagged Globe Instructor) had done the hard work of breaking trail up the ridge, thanks Dave!

Once on top we had a quick conference and decided we did not like the look of the usual decent route that heads back north so we descended south to Glen Etive with Dave leading the way and taking us straight back to the cars.

A great end to a great week with Andy and Gareth. They guys have done really well and are well on the way to being independent winter climbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment