Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Lots of Fresh Snow


With more wild weather today forecast and snow down to 200m this morning I took Andy and Gareth to do the east ridge of Beinn a Chaorainn. The guys were keen to get on the sharp end so after I had lead 2 short pitches up the hardest line as a warm up I came off the rope and let the team lead 3 pitches with me along side to add some advice. After this time was ticking so we took the rope off and soloed by an easier line to the summit.

It was wild on the summit with white out conditions and strong winds, but this allowed us to do some pacing across the summit to find the decent. A good day out with lots learnt and loads of new snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment