Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Thursday 17 February 2011

Skills at Glen Coe Ski Centre


Today was another day out with West Highland College but this time it was half of the 1st year students. Bill and I took the team to the Glen Coe Ski Centre and used the uplift here to get high. This was a first winter day out for many of the students and what a great day out it was with no wind and blue skies. We headed west from the chairlift up onto the ridge line discussing movement top tips and introducing avalanche awearness. We then found a slope for some ice axe arrests, it took us a while to get a good sliding track working but after this was done it was great! We then finnished off the day by looking at some shelters and boot work on some steeper snow slopes.

Out again tomorrow with the second half of the 1st years, fingers crossed for the same weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment