Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Friday 20 May 2011

Wednesday 18th - Rock Climbing at Elgol

Mick preparing for some steep Sandstone!



Rob on belay duty
The forecast for today was not good, persistent rain and gusts of 75mph, not what you want for scrambling on exposed ridges! So we headed around to the village of Elgol for a spot of rock climbing. We spent the day doing some climbing on School House Buttress that gives a handful of steep VS routes in lovely rough sandstone. We managed to avoid the worst of the showers and were happy we were not up high. After we all had tired arms and sore fingers we went and had tea and cake in the Elgol Coffee shop!



No comments:

Post a Comment