Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Climbing Indoors and Out

I was working for West Highland College again yesterday with their 2nd Year students who were running indoor climbing sessions for a group of P6 Primary School children at the Ice Factor. The students did really well running fun and safe sessions, all good experience for them as they work towards doing the Climbing Wall Award Assessment.

It was climbing outside today! I was joined by Martin and Kirstin and we headed into Glen Nevis. The aim of the day was to look at different rope work systems that Martin will need to use as an climbing instructor. With a less than inspiring weather forecast we aimed to stay on the easier routes and spent the day looking at climbing in series, parallel, some of the common issues with both of the systems and then multiple abseil retreats from crags.

It was a good day even through at time a little damp and chilly. The odd midge was out and I fear it is only a matter of time now till they are out in force!

Sorry no pictures today for some reason every time I try to upload them my computer thinks it is a security threat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment