Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Thursday 12 May 2011

Summer Time!


I have been out with the 1st Year Students from West Highland College today. The aim of the day was to look at leadership styles and the COLT Model for Leadership. We headed to the end of Glen Nevis and headed up to the Col just north of Meall Cumhann and then on to its summit. On the way we used some role play games to look at position of a leader in the group, style of leadership and dealing with common issues. We also found some rocky steps above the col to look at group management through steeper terrain. On the way down just for good measure we through in some common medical issues that a leader might have to deal with.

A great day with a keen team. The weather was not so great! We had a mixture of heavy showers, some sun and strong winds.......it certainly did not feel very summer like!

I have the next few days off before heading over to Skye on Sunday for 5 days, fingers crossed the weather improves up there for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment