Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Monday 30 May 2011

Dry Rock!






I have been joined for the next 5 days by Lucy and John for some rock climbing. With a rather damp forecast for much of Scotland I had been watching the rain radar carefully in the hope of staying dry. My hunch that our best bet after a coffee and chat this morning was to head to Duntelchaig and the Pinnacle crag area. Thankfully it paid off and after one short shower in the morning we had a dry and sunny day (my first on in May!).

We spent the day climbing routes, looking at belaying, equalising anchor points, abseiling, protecting abseils and gear placement. Fingers crossed the rest of the weeks weather is as good as today's!

No comments:

Post a Comment