Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Friday 20 May 2011

Thursday 19th - Sgurr Alasdair

The forecast was again not great for today but we were keen to get back onto the ridge after our days rock climbing yesterday. We headed into Coir a' Ghrunnda in the dry and then entered the rather damp cloud just above coire level. We climbed Sgurr Alasdair via the South West ridge taking the chimney option not the bad step. From the summit of Alasdair the plan had been to head over Sgurr Thearlaich and onto Sgurr Mhic Choinnich via either Collies Ledge or the King's Chimney, however it was getting wetter and wetter and a little to windy so we headed down the fast Great Stone Shoot.

A great final day and nice to get to the top of Skye's highest mountain even if we could not see anything!

I have a day off tomorrow before heading up to climb the Old Man of Store in Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment