Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Sunday 28 November 2010

West Highland College Navigation

Ben Nevis from Cow Hill
I was working for West Highland College last week across in Fort William. I spent some time out with both the 1st and 2nd year students looking at Navigation. Both groups have an assessment coming up in the next week or two so we were doing some fine tuning of skills already learnt.

The west has not had nearly as much snow as the east and the climbing conditions are reported to be great (although I have not been climbing across west yet!). Bill climbed West Chimney on Saturday and reported great conditions and I know many of the mixed routes have been done on Ben Nevis.

The east is very much buried under the snow and my mountain biking that I have planned for last Friday was cancelled!

No comments:

Post a Comment