Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Monday 22 November 2010

Lots of Snow

There is loads of snow around in the Cairngorms at present, but not all of it is great for climbing. Reports of the cornices building and causing problems above The Runnel area. Lots of unconsolidated snow on Yukon Jack on the Mess of Pottage, with same being reported form The Milky Way in Lochan.

Reports from the slopes are that the skiing conditions are quite good so may be skiing should be first choice at present! The forecast is for cold weather to continue for another 10 to 14 days at least with more snow in the east and less in the west.

I am off to the west coast for work at West Highland College tomorrow, summer hill skills, should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment