Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Half Term Holiday - Open Boat Paddling and Biking


As it was Laura's half term holiday last week we managed to get some open boat paddling in. Neither of us had ever done any open boating before but we thought it would be a great way to travel so we booked 3 days instruction with Dave Rossetter (Standing Waves http://www.standingwaves.co.uk/). We had a great three days (even though the weather was aweful!) paddling on the lochs and rivers around Callander. I can happily recommend Dave as a coach if you fancy some open boat instruction in the future.


 
Once home we managed so squeeze one more bike trip in before Laura had to go back to work. On Sunday we headed out to Gleann Einich from Aviemore, this gives a good 30km trip which is fairly non technical (rough land rover track) with the odd river to cross (stepping stones in place). It takes you deep into the Cairngorms and some stunning scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment