Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Monday 30 January 2012

Winter ML Training

Giles tackeling the cornice out the ski area!
I am at Glenmore Lodge this week working on a Winter ML Training course. After the usual intro and discussion about kit, the programme and the scheme we headed out onto the hills to look at some movement skills and set the scene for navigation and avalanche assessment.

We headed out through the ski area to the foot of the Cas and then dropped down onto the moraines and then headed around to the flat ice in Coire an t' Sneachda, before heading back out again. The winds were much stronger than forecast and there was alot of snow being deposited on west through to North East facing slopes. The climbing teams reported wind slab building very quickly on many of the routes in Sneachda.

No comments:

Post a Comment