Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Saturday 28 January 2012

Cairngorm Stunner




I have been out in the Cairngorms today with Lancaster University Mountaineering Club who are up for a weekend of winter skills. We have had a great day looking at boot work, axe skills and cramponing plus some avalanche awareness.

It has been a stunning day in the mountains with no wind, below freezing and sun. Lots of people out enjoying themselves on foot and ski. Back out again tomorrow with the team. The weather looks good but not as good as today!

1 comment:

  1. The Cairngorms mountains are a wonderful place for a short break Scotland. They are quite an adventurous destination, and climbing is only one of the activities that one can practice there.
    Great photos!
    Regards!

    ReplyDelete