Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Sunday 8 January 2012

Avalanche Weekend


Now back from the Alps and it is back to work! I have been across on the west this weekend working for the M C of S running two Avalanche Assessment days. Saturday was windy but at least cold and today was windy, warm and wet! Still we had two good days looking at various was to assess snowpack stability and options for when you are concerned about slope stability. We managed to get the gondola up both days at the Nevis Range however we had to walk back down both days! Photos to follow when I am home.

Back at the Nevis Range tomorrow but this time to work on the skis, fingers crossed for lighter winds.

No comments:

Post a Comment