Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Sunday 26 September 2010

The Flying Haggis





Laura had a rare day off today so we decided after some DIY to head to Fochabers for a quick blast around the mountain biking trails there. We did the Haggis which must be one of may favourite blue trails, after a not too bad pull up to the top of the hill it is just fast, flowing fun all the way back to the car. Lots of jumps, berms, table tops etc but all can be done at a gentle pace if you don't want to push it, and at 15km it is a reasonable distance as well. The trail does not suffer too much from the wet either, it drains well and does not get too boggy like the trails the other side of the A96.

All in all a great day out. Forecast looks good for the next few days so hopefully I will get a few final days rock climbing in before it gets too cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment