Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Steep Ground and Ropes

Classic navigation weather in the Cairngorms
I was out on day 2 of the Summer ML assessment today with Jon and his team. The aim today was to look at managing a group through steep broken ground with and without the use of a rope. It was a little damp and windy when we left the ski car park today and headed into Sneachda! After a few nav legs on the way into the corrie we headed up towards Twin Ribs with the team taking it in turns to lead the group and pick a line up on to the ridge. From here we headed up on to the Plateau with various detours off the sides of the ridge. Once on the top it was time for some more navigation before heading back down the goat track and back to the bus.

A good day out even if the weather was not great, felt cold for June! Fingers crossed it is a little warmer tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment