Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Wednesday 8 June 2011

ML Expedition

It was day 3 of the ML Assessment today, and day 1 of the 3 day exped! As all the team had done their training exped on the main Cairngorm plateau Jon and Mark decided to head east and start from the Lecht area with the aim of walking back to Glenmore Lodge. We headed west from the Ski Centre staying high and taking in all the summits on the broad ridge line. Each member of the team took turns at navigating and generally leading and at our lunch stop we heard a few general interest talks on the mountains. Once at 'The Eag' I said goodbye to Mark's team and started heading back to my van which was at the Lecht via a short stop to chat with Jon and his team. A great few days and good to see how other instructors structure their assessment days.

I have a few days off before heading across to the west coast to join Glasgow Academy on a Gold Duke of Edinburgh training trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment