Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Monday 20 June 2011

Damp on the Zig Zags



A little damp on the way down!
  After a few days at home were I managed to get out on the bike for a first time in a while with Bill I was back across to Glen Coe on Saturday for some scrambling. I was out with Steve abd Caroline, Steve is preparing for his MIA assessment and wanted some input on his scrambling and general mountain day. The forecast was to be dry in the morning and wet in the afternoon, which was spot on as at 12.30pm it started to rain and by the time I got back to the van at 5pm I was soaked! We spent on the Zig Zags looking at the use of the rope in ascent and descent on broken scrambley terrain, topics covered were short roping, ledging, short pitches, lowers and managing 2 people on the end of one rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment