Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Monday 20 June 2011

Knoydart Travels

Looking back to the Corran ferry on Day 1

Glen Finnan on Day 2

River crossing on Day 3

Sourlies Bothy

I was working for Glasgow Academy last week on a Gold D of E training trip. The route started by crossing the Corran Ferry and then heading north up the loch side and along Cona Glen to camp at the end of the Glen on Day 1. Day 2 had us heading North past Glen Finnan and to a camp just North of Streap in Gleann Cuirnean. The weather was nice over the first two days with just the old shower, however this changed on day 3 with continual drizzle for the day as we headed to Glen Dessarry and down to Sourlies. By the time we got to the bothy were were all fairly damp so it was nice to use the bothy to cook and dry out in! Day for had us start early to head up and over the Mam Meadail col and down to Inverie for lunch in the Old Forge Inn. It was then a hope on a fast rib to head back to Mallaig and lift back to Corran to collect my car. A great few days through some wild areas. The team were excellent and should have no problems with their qualifying trip in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment