Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Saturday 4 June 2011

A' Chioch - Cioch Nose

Looking down to John from the top of Pitch 3
For my final day with John and Lucy we headed to Sgurr a Chaorachain and the Classic Rock route of Cioch Nose. We parked at the Bealach na Ba car park and walked down to the route, always a novel way to approach a mountain rock climb. The climbing is great with solid rock and great protection mainly in the form of nuts, it was still wet though in areas some of the cracks on pitch one and the chimney on pitch two being particularly slimy! Still we had a great day with the classic pitch 3 being a great and airy as ever. After getting to the top we carried on along the ridge with another two pitches of V Diff and then lots of scrambling to get us back to the summit and a short walk down hill to the cars.

A great way to finish of a lovely weeks climbing with Lucy and John, thanks to them for there company over the week.

I have the weekend off before heading over the Glenmore Lodge for the start of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment