Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Saturday 18 January 2014

Mixed weather week

Looking into the Northern Corries from windy ridge
 
Breaking through a cornice
 
Lurchers and Corie an Lochan on Friday afternoon
 
I have just finished a week of Advanced Winter Skills at Glenmore Lodge. Over the week we spent time navigating including night nav, developing our avalanche awareness and looking at some ropework to over come some of the obstacles we might find in the winter mountains like cornices. The week gave us a real mix of weather which was great for training in. Thanks to the team for their company and I hope they enjoy the rest of the winter.
 
 
A weekend off before a week of Lead Climbing coaching.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment