Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Monday 5 September 2011

A weekend on the West


Mike and I headed over to the West Coast for the weekend just gone. With a wet morning on Saturday we did not leave to early with the hope that the worst of the rain would have passed when we got there, not the case! Biking was the order of the day on Saturday so we headed for 10 Under The Ben at Nevis Range, I had done the World Champs course there a while back which was really good so I had high hopes for this. Unfortunately it was not so good, well rubbish really, it is graded red but 90% if on forest track and non technical single track with a few hundred meters of good downhill and a section of black that does not fit in with the rest of the course at all. It had rained solidly and so after a quick coffee we sent sometime at the little skills area before heading for a warm shower!

Thankfully the weather on Sunday was better and we headed up Castle Ridge on Ben Nevis, this was great and on the whole dry with the ridge coming in and out of the cloud. There are no route finding difficulties as you just follow the crampon scratches from winter and the clean rock. We then came down via ledge route and back to the car. A great dry day out and another the classic Ben Nevis ridges done.

Just the one photo this time as my camera is broken so am using my phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment