Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Almost dry on Fingers Ridge




With a forecast of light winds and showers today Lucy, John and I headed into Coire an t-Sneachda with the plan of climbing fingers ridge. The corrie was quiet with a few other walking groups out but no one else climbing. The showers came and went but they were light although some were hail and snow! Although the rock was cold it was fairly dry after the first pitch and made for pleasant climbing.

We climbed the route in 4 pitches with Lucy and John building their own belays at each stance before belaying each other up. This gave them lots of practice at the ropework that they learnt yesterday and more practice at placing gear. They are now in a good position for leading some routes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment