Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Thursday 5 May 2011

Enjoying the good weather!

View from the top of the 1st pitch of Grand Diedre

Bill on the 1st pitch of Grand Diedre

Wild fire in Glen Sheil
I am just back from another trip across to the west. On Tuesday I was at the Ice Factor assessing 2nd Year students from West Highland College who were running indoor climbing sessions for Primary School children. It was not a great day to be indoors but all 3 students did really well. That evening after a quick solo up some routes in Glen Nevis I headed across to Skye to meet up with Bill the next morning.

So with another stunning day forecast Bill and I headed into Coir' a' Ghrunnda with the aim of doing some climbing. We headed to Commando Cracks first which we did in 2 pitches not the 4 or 5 it mentions in the guide books! We then headed back down to the bags via the chimney on the side of Sgurr Alasdair. After this we wandered along to Grand Diedre to the right of the TD gap. This gave 2 awesome pitches of climbing and finished at the ab point into the gap. We abseiled into the gap and then scrambled down the broken gully and back to the bags. It was then time to walk out and head to the pub!

This morning the original plan had been to head back up into the Cuillin but the weather changed over night and so we left Skye and headed back east. A quick mornings climb was had a Moy before heading home.

A great few days. Fingers crossed this damp spell does not last too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment