Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Shelters in Sneachda


Heading out of Sneachda

For the last day of the course Peter, Adrian, Paul and I headed into Coire an t Sneachda to look at some more crampon skills plus some emergency techniques, whilst staying fairly low as the winds were due to be high.

We navigated into the rescue box and then used the slopes above to look at some steep ground crampon techniques and discuss a little more avalanche assessment. From here we headed around to the lateral moraines and due some emergency shelters before heading up onto the ridge and back down to the van through the ski area.

A great week with good company and some great weather days.

Digging emergency shelters

No comments:

Post a Comment