Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Friday 25 February 2011

Chilly in Norway


I am out in Rjukan in Norway with Monty at present, we have 4 days play before I have a weeks work. After a fairly long but uneventfull journey from Moray we have been having a great time ice climbing. The weather so far has been cold and snowy and it seems that many of the routes are a little thin or not formed, however there is still loads to climb and it is certainly the arms that give in before your run out of routes for the day!

We have spent our time checking out some crags and brushing up our technique. So far we have visted Ozzimosis, Upper Gorge and the Vermork Bridge areas with the plan to head to the Lower Gorge tomorrow. Looks like it is going to be slightly wamer as well over the next few days as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment