Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Monday 21 February 2011

Dangerous Slopes in Sneachda


As I am off to Norway in a day I am spending some time at home with Laura. This means that Bill is out with Alex and Tom fore the next 3 days. The plan had been to get the guys on some more technical ground and with this in mind they had headed into Coire an T' Sneachda. However the strong southerly winds and poor vis were not making life easy. Once the rescue box had been located it was time to try and get to the base of the routes. Unfortunately this proved too dangerous due to a high avalanche risk. It was time for plan B which had the team looking at some navigation in challenging conditions as they headed out via the lateral moraines and back to the car.

Fingers cross for some better weather tomorrow for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment