Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Thursday 17 February 2011

Anoach Mor


I am across on the West Coast for the next 3 days working for West Highland College. Today was a winter skills development day for the 2nd year students. Bill and I took at team of 9 up the Gondola at Anoach Mor and headed around to the Nid Ridge area. We spent most of the morning discussing avalanche assessment as the snow pack was interesting after all the snow and wind during the past few days. After lunch we discussed and dug emergency shelters before developing some safe travel techniques up through some steeper ground and back to the gondola.

A great day out. The snow was fairly soft in most areas and the cover was excellent with plenty of skiers out enjoying themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment