Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Monday 3 September 2012

Visually Impaired Mountaineering Course

Norma, Richard and John on the Summit of Ben Rinnes

Sam and Richard on the way up Ben Rinnes

The camp at Bynack Stables after the midges!

Full moon at Bynack Stables

The team catching up with Eric during his bike ride

David climbing at Cummingston

Coming down from Bynack Mor

Jennie leading the team up to Bynack Mor

Norma climbing at Cummingston
Last week I was working at Glenmore Lodge on their annual Mountain Craft course for Visually Impaired people. It was a great week with an amazing team. During the week we went to Cummingston climbing, spent a night out camping, used the indoor climbing wall at Glenmore Lodge and went up Ben Rinnes.
 
It was truly inspiring to watch the VI's just getting on with everything and not letting their impairment stop them enjoying the great outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment