Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Sunday 13 May 2012

Summer Mountain Leader Training




I have just finished working on a Summer Mountain Leader Training course for Glenmore Lodge along with Bill Strachan. Over the week we had a mix of weather and due to the amount of snow we visited some new areas. Day 1 had us in and around the Burma Road area just north of Aviemore looking at some navigation and environmental information. Day 2 we headed into the Chalamain Gap to look at unplanned use of the road along with some more navigation and environmental information. Day 3 had us starting early as we headed down to Pitlochry, here we headed up Ben Vrakie. This was a new area for me but it turned out to be a great venue for looking at steep ground group managment. Day 4 was a centre day looking at emergency issues and planning for a expedition that took place over day 5 and 6. For the exped we headed to tghe hills south of Newtonmore, Druim nan Sac. It was a great week with a good mixture of people on the course and over all the weather was very kind to us.

Today I started another ML Training based in Fort William for Scotch on the Rocks Guiding the weather has been aweful today, however it looks like it is going to improve tomorrow. I will blog more info on this course later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment