Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Friday 4 March 2011

Tuesday 1st March - Susses Veil


I was climbing with Mick and Jason today and we headed up to the Susses Veil area above the Vermok Heavy Water Plant. The area is just down as one WI 2 in the Rock Fax guide book however you could get at least 5 lines between WI 2 and WI 3+ and they can be up to 60m long!

We started the day looking at multi pitch skills on the left hand side of the area when we climbed the WI 2 in 2 30m pitches, after one long abseil off we looked at V threads before heading over to the righ hand sector and climb a single pitch WI 3. At the top of this we constructed another V thread and abseiled off it back to the ground. I then set up a top rope on the steepest part of the crag and we did some more specific movement coaching before finally doing one more WI 3.

A great day were the team really improved there movement skills ready for the some multi pitch action tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment