Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Thursday 17 March 2011

Back on the Planks


With just 3 days work left before heading out to the Alps for some Ski touring I thought it would be good to get out today and have a little warm up. Monty and I headed to Cairngorm and took advantage of their new Ski Mountaineering lift pass that gets you up to the top lift. From there we headed up Cairngorm, off the back of this were the snow was fairly wind affected and then along the tops of the Northern Corries before skiing down Lurchers (which was the best snow of the day) before skinning back to the car park.

A great short day out, now looking forward to getting out to the Alps. I just hope they have some more snow!

I am off to the west again this weekend so will report back on conditions across there.



No comments:

Post a Comment