Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Tuesday 8 March 2011

Thursday 3rd - Leading in the Lower Gorge


Rob and I swapped clients for our last day on the ice so I was climbing with Simon and Paul. Paul had already done some leading and Simon was keen to lead his first water ice route. We started off on a 2 pitch WI 3 with Simon simul leading the first pitch and Paul leading the second. The boys then sorted the abseil retreat. Paul then lead the first pitch of another WI 3 with Simon simul leading the second. It was then Simon's turn to get on the sharp end so we found a WI 2 that took us back up to the road for him to lead, which he did in style. Finally Paul thought he had one last pitch in him so we head to the Vemok Bridge area were Paul lead a pitch of WI 3+.

A great day to finnish on and both Simon and Paul did really well. Off for a days skiing tomorrow before catching an evening flight home.

No comments:

Post a Comment