Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Pentland's Biking


Laura and I managed to squeeze in a mornings biking on Tuesday 26th October before heading into Edinburgh for lunch with my parents!

We headed to the Pentland Hill just south of Edinburgh and parked at the Harlaw Ranger Base car park and did a 18km loop south from here via Glencourse Reservoir. The Pentlands do not have that many tracks that are set up for mountain biking however they do offer a good half days exercise. If you want more info then pop into the Ranger Base and they will show you some good routes.

As a quick plug if you are local to Edinburgh and use the Pentland Hills then the 'Friends of the Pentlands' is a great organisation that help maintain and raise awareness for the Pentlands - http://www.pentlandfriends.plus.com/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment