Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Saturday 20 November 2010

Early start for - Snow and Avalanche Reports


The SAIS have decided to start early this year the below is from their blog

In view of the current  snow cover and weather forecast the SAIS will be providing weekend Avalanche Hazard reports for the Lochaber and Northern Cairngorms areas until the full service starts on the 16th December 2010.

The conditions still seem fairly good for early season on the Northern Corries with the snow starting to settle down a little after the mid week instability. Sneachda was quiet yesterday when Monty was in climbing Hidden Chimney with John.

No comments:

Post a Comment