Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Monday 8 November 2010

MLTS Workshop

The Northern Corries from Glenmore Lodge

Stunning views across Loch Morlich

I was at Glenmore Lodge yesterday for the Mountain Leader Training Scotland SPA and CWA workshop. This was a great chance to discuss issues with the two awards and share some ideas with others who run and work on these courses. We spent the morning discussing various topics and then spent the afternoon in the climbing wall looking an topics in the Climbing Wall Award including the teaching to lead falling and belaying to clients on the Climbing Wall Leading Award.

It was a cracking day outside with a good dusting of snow in the Cairngorms and a number of routes being done. It is a little wild in the mountains today but more snow is forecast and it looks like there will be a lull in the winds on Tuesday and Wednesday before it all gets a little wild again over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment