Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Monday 26 September 2011

Getting drier!


It has been a busy few days for me. Last Wednesday and Thursday I was across in a wet Fort William working for West Highland College. Wednesday was a day with the 2nd years looking at some navigation and personal hill skills as they get ready for an assessment in November. My group and I spent the day in some heavy rain in the Torcastle area looking at micro nav skills. On Thursday I was out with a group of 1st years again looking at navigation and having a general warm up before an expedition this coming week, it was again wet!!

I then drove down to Alyth in Perthshire to meet up with a Gold Duke of Edinburgh group from St Aloysius College from Glasgow. We spent 4 days doing a loop from Alyth as they prepare for their Gold Assessment in Iceland, we looked at the the usual Duke of Edinburgh things like navigation, campcarft, teamwork, emergency procedures. Thankfully the weather was much nicer as can be seen in the photo above.

Home for a day now before heading back across for 3 days with the West Highland College 1st years on a back packing trip and then a weekend at Glenmore Lodge. Looks like the weather is on the up for the end of September which will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment