Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Monday 25 April 2011

Steep Ground and Group Managment


It has been a lovely day across here on the west today. The plan of action for today was to look at some steep ground skills and managing a group through this sort of terrain.

We headed to Meall an t-Suidhe and the ridges that drop down towards the normal route up Ben Nevis. On the way in we looked at using a 1:25,000 map, timings and the usual navigation structure. Once on the steeper ground we spent sometime looking at coaching movement skills, spotting and what is in and out of remit of the Summer Mountain Leader Award. We headed up and down the one of the ridges before heading back to the hotel to have an evening session on ML ropework in preparation for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment