Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Thursday 27 January 2011

Tuesday - Damp and Windy!


I was out for the first of two days with Moshe today. After a coffee and chat about kit in Aviemore we headed up to what looked like a fairly damp car park! We headed up through the ski area (still some brave skiers out!) and in towards the Cas head wall, here we re caped boot and crampon skills as well as looking at some ice axe arrests.


From here we headed up to spot height 1141m and on towards windy gap. It was still soft underfoot here and with little visibility so we headed down into Coire an t Sneachda. From here we traversed around the base of the crags towards the rescue box and then up towards the goat track were we looked at snow avalanche assessments and then had a play on the flat ice and some of the little ice bulges that were still in place.


Everything was dripping and soft but there were still a fair few teams out climbing! Looks like it is going to be colder tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sandy, seem like ages ago now.. thanks for the photos. Soon I'll send you mine from my camera.

    Cheers,
    Moshe

    ReplyDelete