Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Tuesday 28 September 2010

Strathpeffer


With a bit of over night rain and no sign of the sun today Monty and I headed out on the bikes again. Today we headed to Strathpeffer just north of Inverness. The woods just to the north of Strathpeffer are home to the Strathpuffer 24 hour mountain bike race (http://www.spanglefish.com/strathpuffer/index.asp) the next one is in January 2011. Before you ask no we are not training for it! However we did do a loop of the course that is cycled for the race and it is great. Really technical but not too hard and nice and natural. We then headed over to the other side of A834 and up onto Cnoc Mor which was a little damp but good fun. After all that hard work we thought we had deserved one of the famous Maya Hot Chocolates in Strathpeffer before heading home.

I am off down to Perth tomorrow for a Mountaineering Council of Scotland Safety Advisory Group Meeting, but it looks like it is going to be a good day to be indoors!

1 comment: