Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Monday 27 September 2010

Climbing at Latheronwheel

Monty leading 'Reach for the Sky' VS 4b

Monty following 'Fancy Free' VS 4c

With a dry forecast Monty and I headed to Latheronwheel today on the Caithness Coast. This was my second visit to this area this summer, back in July we could not get on many of the routes in the Peninsula Wall area due to nesting gulls so that was the target for today. A good job too as with the high tides many of the areas were wet at the base. The peninsula area is only just affected by the tides and there is a good range of routes between Severe and HVS, the rock is generally good with sound gear when you need it. Although sunny it was still chilly and I don't think there will be much more rock climbing this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment