Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Sunday 16 September 2012

SPA Training

Rigging and running group abseils in the sun
Al running through a top rope set up

Al abseiling in to rescue me and demonstrate a Y hang pick up

I was at Glenmore Lodge last week working with Al Halewood on an SPA Training course. Day 1 had us at Cummingston with our team of 7 looking at personal climbing, abseiling and group warm ups. The weather was cold but dry so not too bad. Day 2 had us at Kingussie Crag looking at top rope, bottom rope and abseil set ups for groups. The sun was out in the morning but some cold and heavy showers had us scuttling back to the Glenmore Lodge climbing wall in the afternoon! Day 3's weather was fairly wild so we made use of the climbing wall at Glenmore Lodge again plus the granite towers outside.
 
A great few days with a keen team, hopefully see them back for assessment next summer.
 
The weekend off for me before heading back to Glenmore Lodge to run a Summer Mountain Leader Training.

No comments:

Post a Comment