Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Thursday 26 January 2012

Creagan Cha-No - My Turn!


Well it seems like everyone else has been going to this new (ish) crag Creagan Cha-No so Mike and I decided to go and have a look. There had been a fair bit of fresh snow in the Cairngorms over night after the thaw yesterday and it was cold as well. We were not the first to arrive with a few teams already there (thanks for sorting the ab anchors!) and just as we got there Mark arrived with his clients. We abseiled in down Anvil Gully and then went looking for Jenga Buttress which we missed and ended up on the ground to the right of it. We then went and did Chimney Rib which gave a great pitch of IV4 and finally we went back and did Jenga Buttress III4. It was a busy day at the crag with lots of other teams out but there is plenty to do and there looked to be even more ground to explore if you head south from recovery gully.

Looks like the good weather is going to last over the weekend which is nice as I am out with Lancaster Uni at the weekend and then at Glenmore Lodge working on  a Winter ML Training next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment