Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Saturday 30 July 2011

Catch Up!




It has been a while since I have updated the blog as I have been away from home for a while (and still am!). Last week I headed down to North Wales to do some work for my friend and fellow MIC Rob Johnson. I headed south through some very heavy rain however a few days scrambling with clients for Rob were not too damp and we got away without waterproofs each day.

Last weekend I then caught up with Monty for a few days play! Thankfully the weather gods were on our side and we had wall to wall sunshine all weekend. It was a bit of a challenge finding crags and climbs that Monty had not done as he lived in North Wales for a while. However we had two great days climbing at Tremadog in the sun with no midges! Armed with the new guide book we found a few routes that had been cleaned recently, finding great solid rock and great friction.

After the weekend it was back to work as I meet up with Charlie to look at some navigation in preparation for her Summer ML assessment. It was then time for holidays as I collected Laura from Manchester Airport and we headed to The Lake District. Since then we have continued to have great weather and have been out on the mountain bikes as much as possible both at Grizedale and Whinlatter.

Looks like the weather is going to turn on Sunday, however that does not bother me as I am inside next week at the Tamworth Snowdome doing my BASI Level 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment